Ohio Envelope Manufacturing Company, based in Cleveland, Ohio for over 75 years, was founded in 1936 by Robert Nelson. Mr. Nelson led the Company for 14 years. The first plant was located at West 98th and Detroit Avenue in Cleveland then later moved to 6415 Detroit Avenue. In 1950, Mr. Nelson retired and Dave Gould assumed the responsibility of running the Company.
In 1965, the Company relocated to its present location on West 164th Street where operations were expanded as business increased. Under Dave Gould’s leadership, the plant doubled in size from 17,500 square feet to 35,000 square feet. Dave Gould passed away in 1987 and was succeeded as President by his son, Rick Gould. After years of successfully running the Company, Rick and his wife, Carol, recently decided to retire and transition the Company to new ownership. A local group acquired the business in May 2017 and it remains an independent, locally owned and managed company.
Ohio Envelope is proud to be a “made in Ohio” manufacturer and looks forward to its continued relationship with customers providing quality products and customer service.